Saturday 17 October 2009

Learning objectives

I decided to leave the learning process of using the blog as just a part in between the learning of this training. It still needs some time tofind out where to place what.



After filling in all this SPI's, reading out the competences, getting into some reflections,... I came to the following personal objectives:



Getting more active in using different kind of methods/tools to use in trainings

- by exchanging with others

- by experiencing

- by doing in a training

- by searching actively for new methods (inspiration): There is so much, for example on the toolbox, but I am to lazy to go into it to find some things that are usefull to me.



The things I will have to battle with are my lazyness to search. "Why putting energy in searching new things if it works well the way it goes?"

Facilitating groups and personal learning of others
Verbalize what I see/feel that is happening towards people/the group, putting the right questions to araise awareness. Sometimes my proces from getting what I feel and of it is needed to put in the group is so slow, that I miss the point or the opportunity to bring it in.
When is it appropriate to bring in your own awareness as a trainer and how much will you influence the group of the learner?
How much is it needed to give structured, methodolgical space for individus/groups to refelct, to learn or leave the free space? guiding (giving a structure/method) versus non-guiding (letting the initiative from the learner)

At the moment I can leave things happening without interfearing, cause I have this believe what the group doesn't bring up themselves is not yet on the right time. Group is not yet ready. although I am now in conflict with this, cause sometimes they don't know another way and bringing your point of view can open a new way for them.

In the mentoring I also would like to go more into daring to do that what my heart (intuition) gives in and do it, instead of following the way it should be. I see afterwards that this gives me more satisfaction instead of staying to the way people have in mind.

Contactmaking peer to peer - in informal moments
As a person I can be a lot on my own and spend time thinking, reflecting, creating without others. I dissapear in my own world. I need this especially after working a lot in groups or working with people and groups, wich is 75% of my time (job, volunteering,...)
Even though as a trainer I believe I need to open myself more for informal talks and conversations. I am an open person if someone starts talking to me, but I have no skills in opening a conversation or maintaining it. It get easily distracted.
Somehow I would like to get conscious about what is scaring me to get into contact. Although I know a bit. So it would be better to experience and go into the action: open myself, show interest in others, question others, talk about my thoughts

Continuing on the mentoring it would be good also to share my thoughts or the way i feel it needs to go, even when I don't have a clear explanation for it. It can help me to go that way, without bruscate people.

Believes I have myself and would like to relativate:

"I have to be able to explain what/Why I do something, before I do or share it with others."
" I need to be an expert in showing topic, otherwise people don't take it as a value."

Learning to learn: putting my own framework by reflection to feel strong enough to give this to people, cause I believe in this.
Learning assesment, how do you make visible what you learnt. How I can help volunteers, youngsters to feel comfortable in this assesment and use it as a tool towards self confidence and active learning.

My focus will as a trainer will also be on youngsters with fewer opportunities, especially school drop outs, social problems, lack of self confidence,...

So this is what I want to learn and how it will process you can follow on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment